We'll show you how to prepare this popular recipe for baked potatoes with ham and cheese. In this case, the leek and the taquitos of Enrique Tomás ham give it an exquisite flavor.
FOR 2 PEOPLE
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 potatoes of similar size (small to medium)
- 1 leek
- 50 g Enrique Tomás ham taquitos
- 50 g Cream cheese
- 50 g Grated cheese (of your choice)
- Oregano, olive oil, salt, and pepper
1. Let's take a look at all the ingredients: potatoes, Enrique Tomás ham taquitos, a leek, and grated cheese (your favorite type). We choose the Enrique Tomás mixed cheese wedge, and we grate the required amount from there.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) with both top and bottom heat and a fan.
3. Wash the potatoes with cold water and wrap them in aluminum foil. Place them on the middle oven rack and let them bake for about 45 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick.
4. While the potatoes are in the oven, prepare the filling mixture. Remove the green stem and roots from the leek and cut the remaining part into small pieces. Fry it in a pan.
5. After the leek has been cooking for a few minutes, add the Enrique Tomás ham taquitos and continue cooking for about three more minutes. If you have ham slices, cut them into small pieces and add them to the mixture.
6. Place the leek and ham in a bowl along with the cream cheese, add black pepper to taste, and mix well.
7. When the potatoes are ready, remove the aluminum foil and cut them in half. Place them in a baking tray and start scooping out each potato with a tablespoon to make space for the filling.
8. Put the leftover potato in the bowl with the leek, cheese, and ham mixture. Mix it all together and use a fork to ensure there are no potato lumps.
9. Fill each potato with the mixture using a spoon.
10. Finally, grate cheese on top of the potatoes and add a touch of oregano if you like.
11. Place the potatoes in the oven at 200ºC (392°F) with both top and bottom heat for about 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. And you're done! Carefully remove them from the oven and enjoy.