Do you want to prepare a vegetable stew based on seasonal vegetables? Add a differential and tasty touch with Iberian ham.
- 1 Cauliflower
- 3 Artichokes
- 150 g Green beans
- 1 Onion
- 3 Carrot
- 100 g Jamón Ibérico
- Olive oil and salt
1. First of all, clean the artichokes. To do this, start removing the leaves closest to the stem until you reach the whitest and most tender ones. Peel the stem and cut off the lower part of the artichoke so that only the lightest part remains. Place them in a bowl with water and a squeeze of lemon juice to prevent them from oxidizing.
2. Peel and cut the rest of the vegetables: green beans, carrots and cauliflower. For the carrots make thick slices, for the beans remove the ends and cut them in 2 or 3 pieces according to the size and for the cauliflower make bunches and wash it with cold water before boiling.
3. Now it is the turn of the vegetables. Put the cauliflower, green beans and carrots together in a pot with boiling water and salt to steam them for about 12-15 minutes. Check if they are tender by pricking them with a fork.
4. The artichokes we are going to cook separately for about 10 minutes.
5. While the vegetables are cooking, peel the onion and chop it and sauté it in a large skillet with olive oil over medium heat until you see that it is browned enough.
6. Add the ham cut into small pieces and let it cook for a couple of minutes more.
7. Remove and drain the vegetables and add them to the large frying pan with the onion and jamón. Pour a little of the broth with which you cooked the artichokes.
8. Stir everything and cook for about 5 minutes until the broth is consumed. Taste and add more salt if necessary, remember that by adding the ham you already have that touch of intense flavor and salt.
9. Now it's time to enjoy this delicious vegetable dish with a special touch thanks to the Iberian ham!