Artichokes with ham are delicious and a very simple and healthy dish typical of our gastronomy and Mediterranean diet, and they are always appetizing!
FOR 4 PEOPLE
TOTAL TIME: 30 min
- 12 Fresh artichokes
- 100 Jamón cubes
- 1 Onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Clean the artichokes well, removing the layers of tougher outer leaves, until you reach those that are a little more yellow and tender.
Peel the stalk. And the ones that you have ready, leave them in a bowl with water and a little lemon juice so they do not oxidize.
If it is not artichoke season you can also make it with canned artichokes. You can find them in any supermarket. Even so, we recommend that you take advantage of the season and make it from fresh artichokes
Put a pot with plenty of water over high heat, and when it starts to boil, cut the artichokes in half and add them to the pot.
Lower the heat a little and let them cook for about 15 minutes - 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the onion and cut it into small pieces. Peel the garlic and cut it into slices. Sauté them in a frying pan with a little oil and salt for a few minutes over medium-high heat, until you see that they are lightly browned.
- Add the diced ham and let the mixture cook for a couple of minutes.
When the artichokes are ready, drain them and add them to the pan where you are cooking the jamón and onion, keep the heat high and let them cook for 2-3 minutes (1 min for the ham is enough). And that's it!
Add salt and pepper to your liking (be careful with the salt, as the Jamón already gives it a salty touch) and... Now you can serve!
Enjoy your meal!