Today, we present a very delicious and appetizing recipe. It's gnocchi with mushroom sauce and cubes of Iberian ham. Gnocchi, originally known as gnocchi, have their origins in Italian cuisine and are a typical dish that can be paired with various types of sauces and ingredients.
One of the most common choices is mushroom sauce, which, although it might seem light, brings great flavor and intensity to the dish. In this case, we wanted to add an extra touch to the recipe by incorporating a special ingredient, "cubes of Iberian ham" from Enrique Tomás.
The flavor concentration in these small pieces of Iberian ham is exceptional since they are made from the part of the ham closest to the bone, where the meat is more cured and, therefore, more flavorful. Their versatility is endless, and they can be the star of an appetizer or the most flavorful accompaniment to any recipe, as in this case.
We've prepared this recipe with a combination of the creamy base of mushrooms and cooking cream, with a crispy touch from the ham cubes and the final touch of gratin. If you want to know more, keep reading! We'll explain the recipe step by step.
- 1 Red onion
- 240 g Assorted mushrooms
- 30 ml white wine
- 100 ml Cooking cream
- 350 g Gnocchi
- 10 g butter
- Virgin Olive Oil
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (to grate on top)
3. In the same mixture, add the chopped onion to your liking and stir until golden brown.
4. Add the mushrooms over high heat, sautéing them so that they brown well and release all their water. After about 10-12 minutes add a splash of white wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
5. Then add the diced ham to the pan and mix for a minute.
6. Add the cooking cream and lower the heat to cook the whole mixture gently, making sure that the sauce does not dry out.
7. Meanwhile, heat salted water in a saucepan to cook the gnocchi and when it is boiling add them and leave them on the heat for about 3-4 minutes (as indicated in the instructions on the package you bought).
Mix and cook for 2 minutes.