Today, we suggest a recipe for lentil pasta that's super easy and quick to make, while being nutritious and delicious: red lentil pasta with fried peppers and ham.
FOR 2 PEOPLE
TOTAL TIME: 35 min
- 250 g Red lentil pasta
- Onion, julienne cut
- 2 Green peppers, julienne cut
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Freshly ground black pepper
- 80100 g Serrano or Iberian ham, diced
1. In a pot, bring water to a boil to cook the red lentil pasta. When it boils, add salt and then the red lentil pasta you have. Stir occasionally until the water returns to a boil. Let it simmer over medium heat so that the pasta doesn't cook too quickly, allowing you to control that it's "al dente," as the Italians say.
2. In a pan, fry the julienne-cut onion and peppers in a little oil, as shown in the image. Add a bit of salt, but keep in mind that the ham already adds salt, so don't overdo it to avoid making it too salty.
3. When the onion and peppers are golden brown or sautéed, add the ham cubes and sauté everything for a minute, over low heat, to allow the flavors to meld. Remove from the heat source and set aside.
4. With the pasta already drained and ready to serve, add extra virgin olive oil to prevent it from sticking and to acquire the wonderful flavor of this liquid gold.
5. Serve the pasta on the plates and cover it with the previously sautéed peppers and ham. And it's time to eat! We hope you enjoy it!