Discover how to prepare a delicious recipe for Ibérico ham risotto step by step. The surprise ingredient, the ham. A Mediterranean delight!
FOR 2 PERSONS
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 150 g Ibérico ham, in shavings
- 100 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 spoon olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
1. The first thing you will do to prepare this simple dish is to add olive oil to a pot. Once it's hot, add the previously chopped onion to sauté it. Keep in mind that the temperature should not be too high, as otherwise, you risk the onion burning and becoming bitter.
2. When you see that the onion is already translucent, add the Ibérico ham cut into strips or cubes and sauté it for a few minutes. This sauté is what will give flavor to your dish.
3. Next, pour the broth into a pot and heat it until it boils. The broth should be kept warm during the preparation.
4. Next, add the rice to the onion-ham mixture and sauté it for a couple more minutes. Then pour in the white wine, and when the alcohol evaporates, add a ladle of broth and stir.
5. From now on, each time the rice absorbs the broth, you'll add a little more, but without stopping stirring. This process is what will allow the rice's starch to be released, giving it the creamy consistency it's known for.
6. Once the rice is al dente and creamy, add salt and pepper, turn off the heat, add the butter, and finally, the cheese to melt with the heat.
7. Serve your Ibérico ham risotto and garnish it with some ham shavings.