The ham sandwich, also popularly known as a ham sandwich, is undoubtedly one of the finest culinary pleasures there is, but it doesn't taste good just anywhere. If you're a fan of this delicacy, you've probably noticed this, so Do you want to know how to make the best ham sandwich for yourself at home?
Well, you're in luck because at Enrique Tomás, we've discovered the secret, and we're going to share it with you!
This is the trick to making the best Iberian ham sandwich!
Making a ham sandwich is just like making an omelet, even though it's straightforward, getting the perfect flavor has its tricks. However, at Enrique Tomás, we've found the secret, and after forty years of experience, believe us, it's this!
The ingredients you'll need are:
- 1 roll of 175g white wheat flour with double fermentation
- 4 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 40g Iberian acorn-fed ham
- 1 grated tomato
Preparation of the ham sandwich with tomato
- The first thing you need to do is preheat the oven to 180ºC and, while waiting for it to heat up, grate the tomato using a grater and put it in a small bowl.
- If the oven has reached the desired temperature, cut the roll in half vertically and place both slices in the oven. Leave them in for a few minutes, checking on them from time to time.
- After this time, take the roll out of the oven and let it cool a bit. This step is more important than it seems because preparing the ham sandwich with overly hot bread could affect the flavor and texture of the Iberian ham.
- If the bread has cooled down, spread the tomato on both slices and drizzle with olive oil. If you prefer it without tomato, that's fine; it's just as delicious!
- Now, let's move on to the ham. You can do two things:
- If you have your own piece of ham, slice it thin enough for it to melt in your mouth but thick enough to taste its flavor. The key is to let the knife slide beneath each slice. You can cut them from the ham's meat if you want them to be tender.
- If you don't have a whole leg, you can buy an 80g pack of sliced ham, and since you only need 40g per sandwich, you can make another sandwich later!
- Once the ham is ready, distribute it over the roll and close it. Finally, place the roll on a ceramic plate and cut it horizontally to divide it into two halves for easier eating, and you're done!
Enrique Tomás Ham Sandwich
As you can see, it takes just a few minutes to prepare the best sandwich, but forty years of trial and error is what has led us at Enrique Tomás to discover the secret formula.
So, how do you make the best ham sandwich? Well, by following the step-by-step instructions we just explained! However, if you want to make a ham sandwich, that's possible too! Just use sandwich bread, and you're all set!
Before we finish, we'd like to remind you of another option for making great ham sandwiches, Iberian ham shavings. The Iberian ham shaving flute is one of our specialties, and we recommend giving it a try at home; we guarantee that kids will love it, and adults will salivate.
Don't forget that you can buy ham at any of our stores and request our cutting service, where you can specify whether you want slices, shavings, or cubes and how much ham you'd like in each vacuum-sealed packet. Once you have your ham sandwich ready, you'll see how delicious it is!